Well, I normally don't do this, but I'm tempted to so here goes nothing. I currently have a quilt that needs quilting and a good home. Since I really really can't decide which one of my friends and family would put the quilt to the best use, I'll do a quick giveaway. :) The person who gives me the best idea for the quilting will win the quilt. (The quilting is the pattern that holds the parts of the quilt together for those who don't know.) It needs to be something simple -- stars, rainbows, crosses, etc. Be as specific as possible. I will take suggestions/entries until April 10, provided someone doesn't provide me with a really good idea before then. :) With your entry make sure to leave a way for me to contact you. Please "follow" the blog as well if you are going to enter, and you can even suggest something if you want to give the quilt to someone you know is expecting.
Here is the quilt top that needs quilting:
The back is an alphabet pattern that has letters and words that start with those words, for example, A and apple with a picture of an apple. In my mind I've titled the quilt, "Remembering God's Promises" because of the rainbow theme and the promise God made to Noah with the rainbows. Also, since it is a baby quilt and babies are blessings, it is a reminder of the promises God has made for us and our children.
You can pretty much see what I've been up to lately. I've also made a nice sun hat for A and am working on a summer dress since I can't seem to have any quilting ideas. I'm working on running a 5k again. I'm also trying to decide if I want to do the "High Country Triple Crown" series of races this summer/fall. I'm highly tempted, not sure if I can actually commit to it though since A is still nursing.
A is incredibly close to walking. As in, if she decides to stand up and walk across a room it won't surprise me. I think she is working on perfecting walking before really taking those first steps alone. She is babbling like no one's business and regularly talks to us from her carseat for trips, before she falls asleep. She is starting to feed herself finger foods and sometimes will not eat something unless she can put it in her own mouth. She regularly forgets to leave it in her mouth, so I'm learning to deal with the messes.
Chris is liking his job. On Friday he had a big day with an emergency preparedness drill. It basically shut down the building because of an "explosion" (something he rigged to look like an explosion that wasn't) and some random spills and chemical problems. They had actors in with fake blood and all sorts of other gooey stuff. They even had helicopters flying overhead. We live close enough that it bothered us a bit until I remembered what was going on.
We've decided that we get more hail here than anything. We've gotten pea sized hail consistently for the past few weeks. We are very thankful for our carport. A now knows all about hail as well since we talk about it and have broken a few open for her.

Zoe was like that with walking. She was SO close for a long time, and then the day she started walking, she first took two steps to me and almost immediately took eight steps across the kitchen. Within a week or so she was walking really well.
ReplyDeleteOk, so I know little about exactly how the quilted patterns go on (I know it's done by machine these days, but that's about it), but I think that a combination of rainbow, cloud and sun would be nice. Think back to grade-school rainbows with a cloud at either end and maybe the sun peeking out from behind the rainbow? Granted that'd be an inaccurate representation of how rainbows are actually formed, but whatever. Oh, or rainclouds and suns? Since the rainbow is already there in the color pattern?
ReplyDeleteI mean, I don't really need a quilt, I just want to see what pattern you come up with in the end. :)
My friend's little boy scooted around on his butt for several months before he started walking. He never really crawled, just scooted, and then one day got up and started toddling around.
Well, I suppose my mom will get the quilt since she has asked for it and there are but a few Maggie ideas to incorporate
ReplyDelete