We set out to explore one of the local features today. It was rather windy and quite chilly, but it was a lot of fun. We went to a place called grandfather mountain. They have a windy road that is nothing but switchbacks. Getting there we took the "long" way and coming home we went on the blue ridge parkway. We got to drive on the really cool viaduct, which is what is classically shown as the blue ridge parkway. :) We did a bit of hiking while there, so it was not the best activity for me since I needed a day off of running. There was also the mile high bridge that we hiked to, but A was asleep so once I found it I just turned around and went back to the car. It was neat hiking up to it though because with the wind, the support cables were humming. There was interesting harmony being made and it also was a gauge of how close I was. Here are the pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment