April showers will hopefully bring lots of good herbs and vegetables for us in our garden. We have a few things sprouting so hopefully they will grow, grow, grow and we will have some fresh herbs and vegetables in our garden this year. It helps that all week it rained. It rained and rained and rained in fact. I feel really bad for my friends and family west of us (which is most of the US if I'm honest) are still in drought conditions, though they are getting some of the wet weather a few days before we do. :)
I like the rain because otherwise we are all having a terrible time with allergies. It helps keep the air cleaner as the trees are spitting pollen like their lives depend on it. It will stop raining by around 10 am and by the time I drive home there is a nice green layer of pollen on my car, that's how much stuff is sprouting here.
We have started giving A some daily anti-histamine as everyone at daycare is saying how much her nose just runs and runs (nothing but clear) when they go outside. Since she will be 2 next month, we've decided to give her the "half-dose" and see how that treats her. She seemed to do okay with it today, so that's a good sign for us. The doctors won't say she has allergies since she isn't two and it is supposed to take 2 years for them to develop. However, since Chris and I both have really bad allergies it makes sense that they have been passed down to her. I just wonder how soon we can give her allergy shots.
This week was otherwise uneventful for the most part. We went to work, made dinner, went to bed, did it all again the next day. Chris is on a more normal work schedule for the next several weeks so he will be getting home around five and able to see us more in the evenings. :) Unfortunately, I have been told that we are working the next several Saturdays. I got Friday afternoon off as a "reward" but then was told we would be working Saturdays for the for see able future that were required. I told them it won't be happening. We do have several things happening in May -- a family visit, a 2 year b'day party, and then a Memorial Day trip to VA planned with our Memorial Day pals. I wonder how many others will also put their foot down. I understand a lot of the politics/financial stuff behind what is going on and the fact that the company needs to make money. However, it is happening at the expense of the employees and I wouldn't be surprised if people start leaving the company. It is bad enough that a pregnant lady at work had to get a doctor's note to only work 8 hour days, five days a week, and has specific requirements set up by her doctor for how many hours she can be on her feet at a time. Moral is super low at work which makes it that much more difficult to get there.
Anyway, we've experimented in the kitchen some and I want to write that post up, see you then!
No comments:
Post a Comment