Sunday, June 27, 2010

World Cup Mania

Unfortunately the USA is now out of the World Cup.  We've watched all the US games and managed to watch a good portion of the other games as well.  Currently I'm actually streaming the Argentina-Mexico match, well streaming the radio at least.  The game is on ABC and I just didn't want to deal with people to see the match.  Both teams have been playing really well, so it will be unfortunate which team gets to advance.  While it was great that the US made it to the Round of 16, I was kind of hoping they'd make the quarter finals again.  Once again though, it seems Ghana has our number and is a young up and coming team.  Maybe they'll go on to win the whole cup and we'll have a host of records broken -- like the first cup in Africa being won by an African side.  While I'm saddened that the US is out, I'm glad that I'm not so emotionally involved with other teams.  The possible exception being Germany.  But even watching the game this morning I didn't have the same desire for Germany to win as I've had for the USA to win. 

We watched the Germany-England game this morning.  England looked like they had velcro on their cleats and were bogged down while Germany looked fluid and fast.  It was kind of ridiculous.  Twice this cup Germany has scored 4 goals in a game.  This is ridiculous for most youth competitive teams, so having four goals against you in the world cup seems incredibly excessive.  Portugal beat North Korea 7-0 though and that was definitely excessive. 

The past week has brought heat, t-storms and tornadoes here.  Fortunately the past few weeks of course I've been talking about weather for my Earth Science course.  We got to go outside several times and look at clouds.  The zoo has been the zoo and we're getting TONS of surveys.  We regularly get about 500 surveys a week.  We're managing to keep on top of the surveys and the databases.  It wasn't something I thought the team of RAs would ever get together, but am quite proud that we did manage it.  We can now color when we have free time as opposed to cutting stuff, copying stuff, and entering data.  

Chris is in the midst of summer school.  We forget how much work goes into summer school, and is is wearing us both out a bit.  Well, its now halftime for the game so we're going to get some stuff done and I won't be at the computer. 

Hope everything is well and cool where you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment