Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pasta Making

I realize that it has been a few weeks since I blogged anything.  Fortunately many people don't follow this blog weekly so most won't even realize it.  I'm waiting for pasta to set before I can cut it so I have a few minutes to sit down and write. 

For the most part summer has started with a bang.  In the end of May we did stuff with friends for Chris's 30th birthday.  We started the weekend going to a Fire game on Thursday night.  Then Friday night Chris had friends over for a wine and cheese party.  Then Saturday we went paintballing so that everyone could get shot.  It ended up being an experience and I'm still wearing a few of the bruises.  One of the bruises in my thigh still hurts when I run.  Sunday night we went downtown and simply hung out for the most part.  Then Monday we took a train out of the city and got to rest before a busy week. 

I've also started working at the zoo and at a place called Westwood College.  I'm teaching Earth Science on Friday nights from 6-10.  It is going well I think.  I'm not the "traditional" teacher, and most people seem to prefer how I teach to the "traditional" way, so that's a step in the right direction.  The zoo is crazy.  We are taking about three times as many surveys this year as we did last year, and we've got a few in the works that we are trying to get ready to roll out by the end of the month.  It isn't that difficult to get a nine hour day in there if that tells you how much stuff we have to do. 

We had our 5th anniversary this week.  It was Thursday and it was a lot of fun.  I went for a bike ride and a run, and then we went out for supper.  We went to the Chama Gaucha restaurant.  It is a Brazilian steakhouse.  We went there for Mother's Day and hadn't been back since.  The manager remembered us though so it was quite interesting.  I didn't get sick for a second time, and I even ate the bread on teh table!  There is something to be said about being able to eat the bread on the table. 

Today I didn't have to work since tomorrow I'm participating in a triathalon.  I'm quite excited and nervous, all at the same time.  I'm scared to admit what time I will be getting up in the morning, but hey, it's all worth it.  My friend Jolene and I are doing it, as well as a few other ladies from the church.  We'll see how it goes.  It has been much more fun to train for than a half marathon is.  I do a lot of the stuff as cross training anyway, but this way it is required.  Hopefully I'll make a good time. 

Not much else is new here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment