It has been a bit more than a week since I posted something, but I had a good reason. I always like to post pictures and I just couldn't until I got home to my "big" camera. We got some great shots and had a great time. We went on vacation (yes, with kids) for our 10th anniversary. We had planned on doing something "big" for the 10th anniversary because we felt a decade was worth celebrating. Then once I got sick several years ago, Disney came on the radar. We had always kind of planned on going there simply because rumor had it that they could feed me. Gasp. And feed me they were able to do! We got to talk to a chef at every restaurant or buffet (yes, buffet) that we went to. I got to talk and after the first couple even didn't get lists of ingredients and just trusted (gasp!) the chef to know what was in the food. Know the derivatives from the allergens, etc. I didn't think about it and managed to only have one minor issue in six days. I got to eat Mickey waffles like the kids, I got to have options (as in more than one thing off of the menu), and even heard, "Oh, that is easy" once explaining that I couldn't have "the list." So yes, doing Disney was a great thing. Since we had kids, and couldn't convince anyone to watch them for us, we just packed them in the car and drove to Florida. We did Star Wars Weekend at Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom. Every day had its highlights, and I'll post a few captioned pictures in a minute. Or you can simply scroll down and see them now. Both kids LOVED meeting the characters, though G was much more hesitant (with everyone except Ariel -- he couldn't wait to climb up on the shell with her). Both kids also seemed to love the shows (we got to see a Frozen Sing-Along, A Star Wars Rebels and the Lion King Adventure) more than the rides, with the exceptions being the teacups and the Ariel "under the sea" ride. And we got Mickey waffles, did I mention that? They were Carolyn-free and we did that multiple times. The best were Mickey waffles with a espresso marscapone that I'm definitely going to work on when I can find marscapone in this little town (maybe a costco trip will net some).
 |
| Being Anna and Elsa before entering Hollywood Studios |
 |
| The first princess we got to meet and it was a jumping up and down can't stand still excitement |
 |
| Lego R2D2, need I say more? |
 |
| The coach from the new Cinderella, a movie that A and I both really liked |
 |
| Getting on the Midway Mania Ride that was a lot of fun |
 |
| Jim Henson's muppets keep appearing in our life, so why not a picture of us in front of some more? |
 |
| Ready to twirl on the teacups |
 |
| Dad and his princess in the princess hall, waiting on Elsa and Anna |
 |
| Got to see Elsa first, as we rounded the corner we started shouting, waving and jumping up and down. Worth the 1.5 hour wait for the excitement shown. |
 |
| With Anna |
 |
| Character dinner with Pooh and friends |
 |
| G slept through the first bit of it |
 |
| But woke up in time for tigger |
 |
| One last hug for tigger |
 |
| Yes, excited kids on the shell with Ariel |
 |
| Dad, Princess, Huge Sucker, Castle. What else is there? |
 |
| Breakfast with Adventure Mickey, Goofey, Donald and Daisy. |
 |
| G signing, "Again" because he wanted to do a lot of things again. |
Amazing! Glad you had such a good experience and could EAT!!! Always my biggest fear on vacay and I only have to worry about ONE thing... so so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteEveryone was super excited that we were taking A to Disney... We let them think we were doing it for the kids, but really we were doing it because they were supposed to be able to feed me. I honestly want to go back, not go to the parks and simply eat some of the amazing stuff.
Delete