Sunday, August 18, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Well, since the beginning of July we have had a grand total of six or seven days with no rain. A's favorite song has become "Rain, Rain, Go Away! Come again another day!" She says it as we drive to work/school, drive home, or want to go to the park. We have decided to keep a towel in the car to dry slides, swings, etc at the park for the times when the sun pops out from behind the clouds and we make a mad dash to the park with everyone else in town. Thankfully town isn't that large so it isn't a huge deal and we still get to play. All of the rain has drowned our garden and what few herbs have grown are overrun with pests. I should be able to bring some plants inside soon though since our basement renter finally moved all of his junk out!

A is really starting to talk and most of the words are understandable by everyone, not just mom and dad. She can count to ten and say parts of her ABCs. I suppose it was Thursday night, Chris and I were doing dishes and A decided to join us. So she brought her step stool to the middle of the sink, helped "wash" after Chris before I rinsed and we sang the ABCs. I'm working on teaching her to count and the ABCs in German as well. She seems to be developing a slight drawl, so we really need to move from NC.

Chris starts term this week. There will be night classes on Monday and Tuesday, so we will see how the term goes. It should be rather exciting as A has also become a daddy's girl to a fault. She wouldn't let me drive her home from church today since daddy was available. Chris is starting to burn out a bit with the tech crew at church, but that's mainly because there aren't really enough people helping out.

Work for me brings a media fill this week, so it should be interesting. We are supposed to work 12 hour days and such, but since Chris can't stay home with A and NC has a rule about a max of 50 hours of daycare a week... I won't be doing 12 hour days. It is a blessing that A couldn't get into dayschool around the university so that I have to pick her up and leave since our insurance says no children allowed in our building. I can't even go back and sign paperwork that may need a signature these days. We will get a lot of stuff done this week though as not everyone can be in the cleanrooms the entire time. I actually imagine the schedule will be easier than our regular weekly schedule since at least we know what each day holds.

Anyway, it is bedtime for the chipmunk (one of A's nicknames since she loves to stuff her cheeks with food) and me as days start early here. Hopefully we will get some dry weather, but it doesn't really look like it will be this week. Hope all is well with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment