As we wrap up June we wonder where this year has gone. It really has flown by and it will be the holidays before we know it. We have settled back into a fairly familiar routine here, though A always hates sleeping on the weekends and loves sleeping during the weeks. This makes it difficult for Chris and me as our lives are reversed.
This past week A got one of her last shots before she goes back for boosters closer to starting school. We held back on the varicella vaccine simply because we'd almost rather her have chicken pox than the vaccine. Chris had a horrid case of them and I never had them. She also got to stay home on Friday with Chris and they did fun stuff as the weather has finally become summery and not rainy. She got a fantastic chair in the mail that is just her size. When I came home Friday she greeted me from it and refused to get out of it to meet me at the door. On Saturday when I came home she opened the door for me, took my hand so she could go sit in her chair and watch Mulan (which even beats out the puppy and kitty movies apparently.)
The rain and bugs have pretty much destroyed what bit of garden we had going. The squash plants still look like they could take off, and we have some buds on our green beans. Hopefully the sun the next week will help them take off and we remember to water them. We replanted some herbs in pots and actually have some butternut squash in a window box as an experiment. That squash is doing fantastic, as most of the pots are. Maybe it is location, but they don't seem to have as many creatures eating them. We will have to try again next year and maybe work at taking out more underbrush to get more sun. We will have to see.
Work for both Chris and me is going. It is kind of boring for Chris as he is between summer terms. He only has some much prep work that can be done. He has managed to get a lot of work done for the church. Hopefully it is put to good use. The church av team has kind of become his new thing. The church has needed the help desperately and he has the ability, so he's volunteering there a lot. He both runs sound and also works the stream. If you ever want to watch click here. It only streams during service (Sundays at 10 and Wednesdays at 7, both times eastern), but know that Chris is one of the people putting it all together.
Work continues to baffle me. I'm amazed by the lack of foresight and planning. I understand that the company has had to modify and adjust as different problems and situations present themselves, however, the lack of simple common sense mystifies me. We really need a person of clout in the company willing to say "no" when the owner or a VP or a researcher gets a hairbrained idea. As a company we are truly shooting for the moon and hoping to land among the stars. It will be nice if we get off of earth first though.
Anyway, I had a quick minute before I leave for church so I thought I'd post a little bit about what is going on here in NC. I hope all is well with you and that you aren't wondering as much about where the year has gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment