Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ice

We woke up this morning to the tell tale sounds of freezing rain/sleet hitting the roof. You know the one that is definitely denser than rain but can't be snow because it is too loud? I didn't want to get up, but I did and dutifully checked all the websites for possible closings. Everything was open, so off we went. I didn't realize I was going to need ice skates for the Mazda to get to work, but apparently that's my next invention -- ice skates for cars. By the time I got to A's daycare, classes for the school district had been put on a 3 hour delay! I also got a text message saying work was on a two hour delay as well. C'est la vie.

Anyway, driving home was really cool with all the ice bending the trees over and such. There are some trees in our powerlines down the road, so hopefully we will have power all night. Some pictures though: 

can you find the powerlines?






No comments:

Post a Comment