This weekend went by really fast as I had to work Saturday. I was up and at work by seven. Overall the day of work went well, but it really is amazing how much extra energy is used by going to work on a day off. All of us have felt the extra day too. A was upset with me on Saturday and
We also have started A on her first round of antibiotics. She has developed a staph rash and it just wasn't going away. We originally weren't going to see the doc because it isn't that big of a deal to us, but since it got worse and not better over the weekend Chris took her this morning. It popped up Friday at school for her, and yesterday it started scabbing over in some places. We really weren't sure what we were dealing with so we took her in. I feel like we didn't really freak out about it, and we haven't taken her in for anything else except her well baby checks, so going 15 months with no doc visits is a good thing, at least that's my opinion. Chris says that all the nurses and the doc loved her and she even managed to give some high fives and waves for everyone at the office.
A is really starting to let her personality show. She is sort of talking, and will say thank you and hi. Some variant of the "da" syllable though is still her favorite. Of course when she says that Chris turns and helps her do whatever she is doing. He is also doing an amazing job of telling her no when she needs that as well. We aren't sure if it is school or her age, but she is starting to stomp her feet if she really wants something and throw little mini-tantrums. I know at school they are much louder and some of the kids do that when I pick A up, so I'm sure she learned it there, we are just having a time not letting her do it at home. She is also becoming very helpful. She likes to turn on the dryer, pull the light strings, put stuff away, etc. And when she does, she claps her hands and says, "Yay!" If you then ask her for a high five, she'll give you one.
But since I need to go get ready for tomorrow, I suppose I'll go now. A box of crayons is calling my name. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment