Sunday, January 15, 2012

Marbled Brownies

I've made this recipe a couple of times now, and I'd like to put it here for my future use. Or use when I'm not home.

6 oz of chopped chocolate
12 TBS Butter
4 eggs
1.5 C granulate sugar
1 C almond flour
1/4 tsp gum
8 oz softened cream cheese
vanilla

As with brownies in general, you melt the butter and chocolate together while you blend 3 eggs with 1.25 c of sugar. Then after the chocolate mixture has cooled a bit you add it to the egg mixture. Then add the flour and gum to the gooey mixture. In another bowl, beat the 4th egg, 1/4 c of sugar, cream cheese and vanilla. Pour the brownie mixture in a 9x13 pan. Add the cream cheese mixture to the top. Use a spatula to marble the two layers. Bake at 375 for 30 min or so, until top is springy and/or a toothpick comes out clean.

As a variation: I added a 1/4 c of Baileys to the cream cheese mixture and it turned out great. Also, I've put some espresso in with the chocolate and butter mixture to make more of a mocha brownie. A third way would be to add some cinnamon somewhere.

1 comment: