This week it is actually raining, not snowing. :) We had a beautiful Easter though in that it didn't rain. We also had the clouds break for some brilliant colors during sunset. We celebrated Easter with a couple who go to church with us. It was great fun and we ended up talking for hours. I kind of had to convince Chris to go, but we ended up having a blast.
This past week hasn't really been eventful. I mean, we've done a lot, accomplished a lot, but nothing "major" it seems. We are officially "office" less now, with the 2nd bedroom having been successfully converted into Ripley's room. Chris was excited to finally be able to stick Ripley stuff in Ripley's room. Now to get that all arranged and ready to go. Our desks are now in our common room. I'm actually on Chris's computer as mine is still in pieces from the move. Since my desk hadn't been sealed in a while and we realized that it really really needed to be sealed, we re-sealed it while it was in pieces. We now have wonderful fumes throughout the house, but thankfully it is warm enough to open windows and doors and get lots of ventilation. :) The wood was quite dry, so it is a good thing we resealed it, it will make dusting that much easier (hopefully, you know for when I find time to dust). We will hopefully be getting the computer and stuff together tonight after Chris gets home, we shall see. Chris also never quite realized exactly how much stuff my desk holds. He knew it held a lot, but not nearly as much as it does. This means we'll have to find other homes for it (either in ours or other people's) if we ever want to get rid of my massive desk.
The other quite entertaining thing that happened was Chris has decided that I need to go into labor on a Friday. He can maximize time off that way, so he asked Ripley if that could please be arranged. Since I hit "term" (37 weeks) today, anytime I go into labor from here on will be allowed. We will be seeing the doctor weekly (on Wednesdays), so here's hoping it all works out for Chris's plan.
Anyway, at this time I'm off to do more laundry and house cleaning. This is a weird way of working, and I'm really glad that it isn't something that is forced on me by society -- I may try the "house wife" role for a bit, and hopefully it will grow on me as Ripley grows, but we'll have to see. If only this blasted economy would pick up and have available chemist jobs...
No comments:
Post a Comment