We heard back from the doctor about the ultrasound today. Everything was "normal." Yay!
I also had a great interview with Astra Zeneca today. Just before Christmas I put a resume in to be a pharma sales rep -- kind of a see if I can do this type of thing. I think it went well, and I hope that as opposed to going through the rigamarole of having a 2nd interview and such that I just get offered a position. Hopefully, at least I get a call back by Friday. :) It would be great to not even have to start the term teaching, though at this point I don't see how to get around it. I've dragged my feet by not doing my syllabi, well, I did a lot of the stuff at the end of last term, so I haven't looked at the stuff in two weeks or so -- and let me tell you, it feels great!!
Right now Chris and I seem to be playing "share the sinus infection". I get it and as it clears up, Chris starts to get sick. Then as Chris is starting to feel better I start to feel sick again. Joy. I hope this cycle doesn't continue for long.
We are also trying to get back into the swing of work and school (which is work for us these days). It is going interesting, but as I said, I really really really hope that I get the pharma sales rep position. So, if you're the praying kind you can put that on your list. It would honestly answer so many questions we have and put us on much more stable footing, and I wouldn't have to teach or make any more coffees. Though right now making coffee isn't the difficult part, it is putting up with the drama from having a staff mainly of women who while nice, smart and great, never really left high school in terms of how to deal with other people. I didn't like dealing with people like a high schooler when I was in high school, when I taught at high school, so why would I want to deal with it now? Plus, the cafe being associated with a church makes it ripe for political maneuvering. I don't want to play politics. I want to do my job and be done with it when I go home for the day.
Anyway, off to shower and bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment