I believe that this winter I'm going to get fat, despite the fact that I'm working on growing a parasite. I'm kind of supposed to, but I may go a bit overboard. Tonight I'm attempting to make a mac'n'cheese bake thing. Chris liked how I started the sauce -- with 2/3rds a stick of butter melting to sautee the onion. Then I added some milk and LOTS of cheese. I added some Muenster, Brie, and white cheddar cheeses. I purposely made it kind of runny since I didn't cook the pasta before pouring the cheese sauce over them and putting them in the oven for 45 minutes. We're about 10 minutes away now, and it looks tasty. I just took the cover off so the cheddar I topped it with can brown a little.
I got the idea from a magazine today that a lady at work as reading. It had all these "roots" in it, and so I vaguely remembered it. I've been wanting to try making my own mac'n'cheese for a while now though, so that kind of gave me the extra push that I needed to step out and do it. :)
So far this week has been good, and it was SHORT! I have to work Friday and Saturday, but that's okay. Chris doesn't so we only have to get up kind of early on Friday morning, and we'll get to sleep in until 430 or 445, so that's almost an extra hour of sleep by not having to get Chris to the train. Hopefully the cafe will pick up the pace some. It was quite dead today, as in we got a total of about 20 people in the seven hours we were open. Oh well, we'll have slow days. Overall the cafe business is picking up, so that's helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment