Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fire Game, B'Day, etc

Well, it was a good birthday overall.  I had to work, but it was at the zoo.  We have deemed them "Zoorthdays" for those of us lucky enough to get birthdays in the summer.  We get to pick an activity or two that we don't normally have time to do and those of us working all go and do it.  For example, in June Katie picked the dolphin show.  I picked the carousel as I've only ridden it twice this summer!  That goes to show just how busy we are, as I rode it almost daily last summer.  We also went through the butterfly tent and it was really pretty, as always.  Here's a picture (taken by Jess E) of four of my co-workers and me on the carousel. 

Last Thursday we went to the Fire game.  Our third for the season.  We had quite a bit of fun, even though the Fire lost on a stupid penalty kick.  The game was good and well played.  We got to see Findley (from the US national team) play against the Fire.  We're slowly definitely becoming Fire fans.  We had 5th row seats and it was great being so close.  We could really tell when people were faking it, hence the ability to say the penalty kick was stupid.  It was the third time Findley had tried to get a call in the box and he finally got one.  The Mexicans behind us said something that I imagine translated roughly into, "That's a stupid call worthy of South Africa" refering to the horrid reffíng the World Cup had.  Linda and I ended up wearing a similar color of purple, so we took a picture.  The other one is a good one of Chris and me.  A couple of pics from the Fire game:

This past weekend we also saw the end of the World Cup.  I suppose my mania will go in the closet for a few more years.  Though Chris is becoming a Fire fan and I'm slowly converting him to soccer as a great sport.  He has thought that for a bit, but in taking him to the games and getting him to cheer and explain things, he's really starting to like the sport.  :) 

It has been brutal this week in terms of heat.  We've had to run our ac, but we're glad for the window coatings that may or may not be legal.  We kind of applied them regardless of the condo association.  They haven't said anything, and we've even noticed a difference on our electric bill.  For running the ac so much it should be much higher than it has been.  We are actually able to turn the acs off during the day and it doesn't get horrid hot inside the condo, which is a drastic change from previous years. 

Hoping all is well with you and that you keep cool during this heat wave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment