Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Week back at work

We had a safe flight back from Boston last Monday. It was uneventful for the most part. We landed very early -- as in had our bags by the time we were scheduled to land, so that was good. A friend picked us up at the airport and we got to chat. We found out that two members of the small groups we've been in the past two years are pregnant, so that's going to change the dynamics there. We are no longer going to the church that small group is associated with so we're changing small groups and this is probably a good time for that.

Basically this week we've just been working. Over the weekend we wanted to catch up on sleep (since we didn't really get enough in Boston) and it didn't happen. We ended up sort of helping some people move out. Their U-Haul woke us up before eight on Saturday and they kept needing tools from us. We just sort of helped them with what they needed and asked for. We didn't do much though on Saturday. Sunday we went to church (finally!) and then I went searching for a winter parka. I want one that's about 3/4 length (so that it covers my bum and some of my thighs) and has both a zipper and clasps of some form to cover the zipper up) that I can wait for the trains/buses/whatever in and not freeze. The farmer's almanac is forcasting a frigid winter with averages in the upper teens. The NWS is forcasting a mild winter though. I'm more trusting of the farmer's almanac than the NWS but hoping the NWS is correct.

Not a lot is going on. We're trying to add foods into my diet so that I don't start getting sick from the dozen or so foods that were initially okay. Friday when I went to the doctor she agreed with me. Apparently my immune system is in full blown reaction mode and we can't exactly figure out how to calm it down. We've changed some medicines around and we're going to see how that works before any more tests are done. We've also started experimenting with tapioca pudding and seeing what we can put in it. I made some pretty good banana tapioca the other day, and made some cocoa pudding today. Both of them are very tasty, so that's encouraging to keep trying new things in the pudding.

So that's basically it for us here in Chicago -- work, school, church, feeding me. I'm off to bed and I hope that all is going well for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment