Saturday, August 29, 2009

School started this week

so we've been absolutely exhausted. The stockroom Chris works in has been one man down this week and has been checking people into labs and all sorts of fun stuff like that. I have been working at the zoo and classes started, but thankfully I only have class on Tuesday and Thursday. So I went to the zoo MWF and the uni TR. We've had a long week, and are looking forward to the trip we're going on this week. The third person in Chris's stockroom should be back this Monday, so that should help Chris some.

I leave on Wednesday for New Hampshire and Chris will join me in Boston on Friday. I get to see Maggie and then we're meeting friends in Boston. :) We need some time away from Chicago I think. We've not been away all summer. We've been grateful for everyone coming to visit us, but I think we need to get away a little too. We're staying in a house while in Boston so that we can cook and all that jazz. I think we need a vacation from cooking, but not sure when a vacation like that will come.

We're still trying the very restricted diet. We're tempted to start trying foods, but kind of unsure about what will happen. I've tried adding apples a few times now and have always ended up feeling worse, being in a bit more pain, being nauseous, and burping a bit more than normal. It doesn't seem to matter if I incorporate apples with a meal or eat them alone as a snack or just have apple juice. I just wasn't aware that apples have proteins. Apples are typically known for being a good fructose and fiber source, so I really can't imagine what protein my body is attacking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment